Soon, a new establishment will open its doors in Cadzand: Fris. Brunchbar & Hotel. The focus will be on breakfast, lunch/brunch, tapas and after dinner drinks.
The young and entusiastic owner needs someone who can create the menu, cook the dishes and be in part responsible for receiving guests.
Do you have what it takes to fulfill that role?
About the company:
Fris. Brunchbar & Hotel will be an ideal place for both locals and tourists to relax, refresh and unwind from busy daily life. Guests can come here for a relaxing overnight stay, healthy and delicious breakfast, lunch/brunch and tapas and for after dinner drinks in the cosy lounge. In all dishes and drinks, local (Zeeuws) products will take center stage. For that, Fris. will work closely with local partners. The Brunchbar menu will mainly consist of fresh and healthy dishes, with ingredients such as fruit, vegetables and fish. Hotel guests can experience a relaxed stay in the comfortable rooms, after which they will be treated to a delicious and healthy breakfast. At night though, guests can enjoy themselves with a cockail in 'The Lobby' to close off their day.
To realise those plans, we're looking for a chef who is responsible for the kitchen and at the same time take care of and manage the guests and the staff, in the absence of the owner.
Your job as chef will consist of the following responsibilities:
- Create a menu, with surprising and creative flavor combinations and a realistic calculation of the cost price of the dishes. You'll also regularly adjust the menu with new seasonal dishes;
- Preparing breakfast-, lunch/brunch-, tapas-, and take-away dishes in the spacious kitchen;
- Regularly take on the responsibility of receiving (hotel)guests;
- On occasion, serving the guests at the tables yourself;
- Maintaining a clean work environment, in accordance with HACCP requirements;
- Take care of and manage the guests and staff;
- All other occurring activities.
Therefore, we are looking for someone with:
- Education at a culinary school;
- Some experience in creating a menu and preparing those dishes;
- The enthusiasm to also take on the responsibility to receive guests and other occurring tasks;
- Customer friendly, sense of responsibility, act independently, flexible attitude.
The former already shows that your responsibilities will mainly focus on the kitchen, but that you will also act as the assistant to the owner. Since Fris. is a completely new establishment, your imput is highly appreciated and together with the owner, you'll bring structure to the business. We're not looking for an extremely experienced person per se, the most important thing is that you are enthusiastic and motivated to bring Fris. Brunchbar & Hotel to a success.
You can work here fulltime, year-round and starting in March. Your work schedule can be coordinated in mutual consultation with the owner.
Do you want to take this opportunity?
Apply online now, through the form below. Attach your CV and tell us why you are the ideal candidate for the job in the notes section. We will contact you shortly.